Plaintiff: Ryan Brown vs Google Chrome

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rmbrown09, Aug 19, 2010.

1. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

(bear with me, I'm bored, and as you will see, not a writer)

A hot, humid courtroom room is filled with press, jurors, lawyers, interns, police....

Cameras focused in on him, Chrome, with his cold steel ball, doesn't blink; but stares coldly at his victim, the GT 330m, and his wife, the battery.

from the back of the room, and man bursts through the door, briefcase a mess, hair flailing, his too tight to be even almost comfortable shoes, tap quickly as he sprints to the table.

"Counselor" says Judge MacRumors
    "I'm sorry your honor, I was...I was"
    "Save it"

Ryan Brown, lawyer extraordinare, sits down.

Chrome shoots him a dirty look, and Ryan can see the power oozing behind his steel frame, leaking out, almost, as if ready to explode!

He pulls himself together, looks at his notes, stands up, and begins to speak;

"Your honor, this is a case, of pure greed, of the foulest nature."

The jurors tremble.

"Sitting to my right, the defendant, Chrome, may seem to you like the coolest, quickest and most wonderful web browser you have ever used."

--A young woman in the back giggles and walks quickly from the room.

"BUT!"

Ryan unbuttons the top notch in his jacket

"what you do not know about Chrome, is that he is a power thief! sucking, guzzling, slurping out the juice from Mr and Mrs Nvidia. (So the wife's name would be Battery Nvidia? I dunno)"

...Ryan flicks his hair back, his brow is getting sweaty.

"OBJECTION!" yells Eric Schmidt

"shutup" says (Judge) macrumors, 'guards' (lol guards) 'remove him'.

Ryan looks at his watch, and instantly a cold fear grips him.... "It's almost lunch!" he think to himself. "I need to hurry"

Moving to the front of the room, Ryan turns to the victims "This is a case best explained, by the victims, please, if you could... explain"

Gt 330m starts "Well, when I used to be with Safari, she treated me nicely! When she needed the GPU she would turn it on, and then shut it off once we went to a webpage that didn't need it"

"REALLY!?!?!?" screamed Ryan unnecessarily

"But with Chrome (Beta 6) once he turns me on... he doesn't turn me back off unless I dump it!" (quit the app)

"So what you're saying is that Chrome is using you (the GPU) when it doesn't actually need it! And that in turn it is hurting your wife!" (battery)Ryan gasped

"yea"

..to be continued.... (never)

[​IMG]

OR LONG STORY SHORT

Chrome uses the GT 330m when it needs it, but unlike Safari doesn't turn it back off when I am say (right now) just on Macrumors. It kills my battery. What can I do?

2. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

1) turn off the 330M manually
    2) use safari
    3) buy the 2nd gen optimus MBP when it comes out.

3. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

I think this has to do with Chrome and Flash 10.1 not the Optimus Software.

4. WonkyPanda macrumors regular

WonkyPanda

It's definitely an issue with 10.1. I hope that the next update addresses it our Adobe realizes that it's not playing nice with the graphic switching and making a hotfix.