plan changes with iphone and new contract?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rust.puppet, Jul 27, 2008.

1. rust.puppet macrumors regular

A couple days ago someone explained how when you sign up for the data plan for iphone, they give you a specific plan but you could call them and change it back on the phone.

i have the lowest family plan and i dont want to change my plan, incase they cant change it back. is there any way they will let me keep my current plan and just add the 30$ plan? or do i have to do a waltz with the phone jockies at at&t?

thanks guys! :apple:

2. rust.puppet thread starter macrumors regular

3. Big Pope Daddy macrumors member

When I signed up, they told me that I would keep my current family plan and would have unlimited data for $30 more a month.

I would still have my texting, etc with my family plan. So, unless they lied to me, I would think you would be good.

4. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

I was so excited when I got two today that I forgot to designate my plan (they didn't ask). They (Apple Store) also didn't give me my receipt for the two iPhones purchased. I didn't realize this until I got home. :mad:

I previosly had a family plan and a 1st gen iPhone and my wife had a piece of crap Samsung slider. I would assume they would keep me at 1400 minutes, but I'm going to have to call AT&T to verify.