Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iChillax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
What's the deal for trying to buy an iPhone 5S on September 20th(launch day)?
We can either try to buy it online or in the store... So what's the best method here? Does anyone know when the online store will start to offer the phone? I just want to make sure I have all the info so I can get my hands on a new iPhone. My iphone 4 has been falling apart for the past year. Thank you! :D

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
I will be interested to see what the shipping estimates are for online orders. I probably will try to get an order in as soon as orders are accepted.
Depending on the shipping times I may also try in store. Last year with the iPhone 5 I was able to get one in the store, and they cancelled my online order right there. That same option may be available again this year, depending on how fast the orders are processed. I've also got an alternate line that I can update if I run into any trouble.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
If I am to get a 5S I'll just order it online and wait. Because the Apple store near me is still being constructed and won't be ready to open it's doors for 1-2 months I think.

iChillax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
If I am to get a 5S I'll just order it online and wait. Because the Apple store near me is still being constructed and won't be ready to open it's doors for 1-2 months I think.

Another option for me... I have AT&T and there's a store close to me. I'm wondering if going there on the 20th to get the phone will work.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I am really annoyed that they won't let us pre-order for home delivery because if you want it on Launch day and don't live near an Apple store (like me) you have to take the day off work.

I don't want to take the day off work and travel 40 miles to an Apple store to queue up and possibly not get one anyway.

So I'll just join the online rat race.

iChillax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
It will if you are willing to line up around 6pm on the 19th.

That early, huh? I think I'm going to try and order it online when it becomes available. If not... I will be out there at the store trying my best to get one. I want a 64 gb White/Silver so Idk if they'll have enough.

blco02

Suspended
Jul 11, 2008
I will go to my AT&T store at 7 or 8 am on the 20th and see what happens. I refuse to wait longer than that.

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
ordering online here.. then hopefully either same day pick up or next day pick up at apple store if available and if not then shipping.. it's normally two day anyways..

karmatourer

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
In my house
10pm last year put me about #7 in line at the A&T store.So I left and ordered online from both A&T & Apple.Walked in to Radio Shack that morning and got their only black 16g.Radio Shack really abused folks last time around though. After I got my 5,I cancelled both orders and of course,the AT&T phone was STILL DELIVERED.Go figure.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
That early, huh? I think I'm going to try and order it online when it becomes available. If not... I will be out there at the store trying my best to get one. I want a 64 gb White/Silver so Idk if they'll have enough.
In Australia the first few trickle in around then apart from the crazy 1-2 who are there days in advance.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I've never had a problem sleepy in, wandering over to work, remembering I should do something and ordering the next afternoon. Otherwise you can just panic and lose a night of sleep, up to you.

iChillax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
I will go to my AT&T store at 7 or 8 am on the 20th and see what happens. I refuse to wait longer than that.

That is probably what I'm going to end up doing. I have work and class later on in the day so i might as well get an early start to the day.

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
Apple store two hours before opening. I'm planning on getting the space black 64 gb version. I imagine the 64 won't be in as high demand so I should be ok. I hope! If there looks to be an issue ill try an AT&T store near by.

Cody21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I plan on ordering from the Apple website or app as soon as it becomes available and waiting for it to be delivered. I hope they follow the same 12AM pacific, 3AM eastern like they do with preorders.

iChillax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
Apple store two hours before opening. I'm planning on getting the space black 64 gb version. I imagine the 64 won't be in as high demand so I should be ok. I hope! If there looks to be an issue ill try an AT&T store near by.

Yes, I might do the same thing. I think a lot of people have that thought tho!

----------

I plan on ordering from the Apple website or app as soon as it becomes available and waiting for it to be delivered. I hope they follow the same 12AM pacific, 3AM eastern like they do with preorders.

3 AM eastern. It's going to be a fun night filled with junk food and red bull to get me through that! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.