Planet Axel is gone :(

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Jun 19, 2012.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Update for all you importers who ay be affected.

A few of my orders got cancelled earlier today so I logged onto the PlanetAxel.com website and it turns out they have gone into bankruptcy.

Very sad, looks like I'm gonna have to keep an eye to make sure I get my refund, otherwise a claim to MasterCard :(

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

Yes my preorder for Super Monkey Ball on the Vita got cancelled. It was a good price too. Luckily they are not my main source of imports and the one that I've been using for the last ten years is still going strong. It's a real shame though as they were a pretty good source of US bluerays.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Bugger!

Bugger bugger BUGGER!

They were my main site for imports. Had some things in my wishlist for my next shopping spree. Ah. Hells bells. Etc.

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep I used to get a good number of blu-rays too from them.

Who else do you use for imports?

I use videogamesplus.ca, play-asia.com, and at times eBay.

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

videogamesplus.ca is my main source as I mainly import North American stuff. I also use Play Asia and Yes Asia now and then for Asian and Japanese imports. I've never been keen on eBay.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Apparently I need to sign up to videogameplus to view shipping details.

Is shipping well priced?
    Do you have to pay import duties on stuff?
    How are shipping times, roughly? Rough?

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

Yes you do need to have an account to check shipping prices. They typically charge around £4 per game, accessories and hardware will be different depending on size and weight. Hardware is normally sent by courier as games by normal post.

There is very little chance if any of import duties. I've been using them for about ten years now and ordered countless games as well as accessories and a number of consoles and never been charged duty. They always mark the package value low.

For games typical delivery time is a week. On the odd occasion you can get it in 4-5 days. Very rarely it can take up to ten days. Consoles shipped by courier are typically delivered in 3-5 days but it can depend on the courier they use

I've ordered two Xbox's, two DS's, a DS Lite, a 3DS, a PSP, a PSP Go, a Wii, a PS3, several accessories and too many games to count.

8. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

$7 CAD seems to be average shipping for me.

No I've never been caught with import duties so far.

About 7-10 days for me.