Planing on Geting A Macbook Need Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bartsphoto, Nov 15, 2008.

  1. bartsphoto macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    #1
    I am a Mac Pro User from May I am also a Photography Student and I am planing on geting a Macbook but should i just wait till the snow Leopard comes out and when is Snow Leopard coming out BTW thanks??:confused::apple:
     
  2. coledog macrumors 6502a

    coledog

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2006
    Location:
    Roanoke, VA
    #2
    If you want to wait until June '09 then wait...but getting a MB now and then $70 for Snow Leopard isn't a terrible price at all.

    It all depends on how much you really need it and how badly $70 will hurt next year. Might also want to wait on getting Snow Leopard until after the 10.6.1 update, it'll work out a bunch of the bugs and make it more worth it.


    (Also this thread should be in Buying Advice)
     
  3. bartsphoto thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    #3
    Thanks for the help ya i really dont need it now but thanks
     
  4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

    clyde2801

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    #4
    You have nothing to lose by waiting. You may get a new (improved?) OS, and possibly a drastically improved processor for probably the same price. Apple may also throw in a new feature or two as well.

    At the very least, I'd wait until the Macbook exchanges of myself and apparenntly many other people on this forum hit the refurb store and save a couple of bucks....:D
     
  5. PostTribber macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2007
    Location:
    Woodland, CA
    #5
    New Year's Mac?

    looking at the specs of the new 15 inch, I see the 17 inch is due for a serious update (2.6 ghz option, 800 mhz front side buss, 320 gb 5400 hard drive, etc). I'm wondering if they're tinkering with the announcement of the new 17 inch MBP along with the Mac Pro's in January?
     
  6. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

    steamed.hams

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2008
    Location:
    Miami, FL
    #6
    I personally wouldn't wait till Snow leopard came out. If you can manage to set aside a mere $3 a week, then you'll have a little upgrade fund that can finance your purchasing of the new leopard by the time it releases!
     

Share This Page