Planner with notes and iCal sync?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Ruffian829, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Ruffian829 macrumors 6502

Im looking for an app that has a calendar (w/iCal sync, I don't use google calendar), tasks (something where I can put class assignments and random other tasks into), and notes.

I like PI but I hate that I bought it for my iPhone and now have to pay again for the iPad and they don't even sync

Plus it lacks a notes section...

Basically I want one go-to organizer / jot down random notes type of deal

I have aNotes but it doesn't sync with iCal and for some reason even though I wanted to love it I just cant get used to it (I use it mostly for their "quick memo") and I don't like that for every new to-do list type I have to create a new folder...

Any suggestions?

2. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

Ive tried SmartPad, which has an Organiser with Notes and ToDos. It's quite well thought out in that respect but, having used PI for so long, I find SmartPad's interface grates. It doesn't have an intuitive page turn with a swipe type action. Instead you have to tap the date at the bottom of the page. The dev seems quite proud of his little bouncy ball date changer but to me it's a pain. I mean, you've got an organiser in front if you, you want to look at the next day, so you swipe to turn the page. Except you can't. Grr.

In the end I stumped up for PI HD which I use constantly, together with a separate note taking app. PI offers so much and does look good on the iPad. And it has an intuitive organiser feel to it with swipe to turn. The next update to v.2 promises more too. Yes I bought SmartPad and it's on my iPad but I never use it now.

3. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502