Planning a MBP Workstation

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MattZani, Jan 30, 2009.

1. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Im Planning to equip my desk so that i can just plug my MacBook Pro in, and be fully connected, Monitor, KB/M, Speakers etc. And im hoping the MR Community can help me stretch the pounds to the best possible setup.

At the moment all i have is the MacBook Pro, as it has been living on a sofa for unprofessional work for 6 months.

I Have made an Excel sheet with what im looking at so far, which i have attached, but any better alternatives etc, any input at all really will hopefully be helpful.

Will be using for Photoshop, Product Design, and Rendering hopefully, and a Place to store and edit my DSLR Shots.

Will be wanting to attach as few Cables to the MBP as possible, i know i'll have to plug in atleast the DVI and USB Cable, but hopefully everything else can be daisy chained off the monitor, except for External Drives.

Final Q, does an eSATA - FW800 converter exist? i found a External Drive mount i LOVE, but it only has USB and eSATA.

To give you an idea, here is my current desk, to the right of the shot is about 2ft more space, i'll get some dimensions in a minute.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance guys! And Girls!

Attached Files:

2. MattZani thread starter macrumors 68030

MattZani

Decided to move to Buying Tips, as its more suitable.

Lock Please.