Planning on buying a MacBook Air from Best Buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by nhlducks35, Aug 14, 2012.

1. nhlducks35 macrumors regular

I thought that Best Buy would price match Apple and give you the student discount and the $100 gift card. However, I just called them and they said they only give the student discount. Should I just buy it from Apple?

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Macmall. But you have to call for the student discount. Same discount, no tax. Plus a bunch of random goodies like $100 restaurant.com gift card, headphones, usb flash drive.

3. taipan61 macrumors 6502

if you get if from apple you have a chance to configure it to your needs/wants, if you big box it your stuck at whatever they have in stock and if i'm not mistaken that only includes two models and no upgrades...but you can take it home right away and not have to wait for it to be built and shipped

4. ChadMSU07 macrumors newbie

If you want to buy it at Best Buy, you can get a $100 off coupon with a .edu email address. Right now they have the base 13" MBA marked down $100 and people in this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1421960 are reporting that it will be taken off of the $1099.99 price, so you get $200 off. That's better than $50 off and a $100 mac app store gift card.