Planning on buying a MacBook Air from Best Buy

nhlducks35

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
I thought that Best Buy would price match Apple and give you the student discount and the $100 gift card. However, I just called them and they said they only give the student discount. Should I just buy it from Apple?

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I thought that Best Buy would price match Apple and give you the student discount and the $100 gift card. However, I just called them and they said they only give the student discount. Should I just buy it from Apple?
Macmall. But you have to call for the student discount. Same discount, no tax. Plus a bunch of random goodies like $100 restaurant.com gift card, headphones, usb flash drive.

taipan61

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
corner starbucks
if you get if from apple you have a chance to configure it to your needs/wants, if you big box it your stuck at whatever they have in stock and if i'm not mistaken that only includes two models and no upgrades...but you can take it home right away and not have to wait for it to be built and shipped

ChadMSU07

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
If you want to buy it at Best Buy, you can get a $100 off coupon with a .edu email address. Right now they have the base 13" MBA marked down $100 and people in this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1421960 are reporting that it will be taken off of the $1099.99 price, so you get $200 off. That's better than $50 off and a $100 mac app store gift card.