Price Advice Planning on buying this MacBook Pro...good deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 007bond, Apr 8, 2012.

  1. 007bond, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

    007bond macrumors 6502a

    007bond

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2008
    Location:
    DFW, Texas
    #1
    Hello everyone. I'm planning on purchasing a MacBook Pro off of Craigslist and was wondering if this was a good deal or not.

    Specifications:
    2.53ghz Core 2 Duo
    8gb DDR3
    250gb HDD

    Also, it has apple care on it, but the seller hasn't got back to me on how long. I'm estimating about a year, though.

    Good deal?

    Edit: Sorry, forgot to post the price. The seller is asking $800, I worked him down to $765 though.
     
  2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

    r.j.s

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2007
    Location:
    Texas
  3. simsaladimbamba

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    located
    #3
    It is probably a 2009 MBP, thus Apple Care may run out in June 2012 or in early 2013, depending on when the seller bought it.
    How much does the seller want, because we can't tell if it is a good deal otherwise?
     
  4. 007bond thread starter macrumors 6502a

    007bond

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2008
    Location:
    DFW, Texas
    #4
    Sorry. Updated OP with asking price.
     
  5. a.chufong macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2005
    #5
    I don't think that's a bad price for the MBP, particularly if you absolutely need the laptop right now. That said, it would be good to know how long you expect the computer to last. IMHP, $765 seems like a lot of money to put down for a C2D MBP, especially with the updates around the corner.
     
  6. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

    Medic278

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2012
    Location:
    New York
    #6
    I agree as well, the C2D are already a little dated, and for an additional $250 you can pickup a 2011 13" MBP with the intel core i5 which will be considerably better than the C2D and is more future proof plus it has thunderbolt.
     
  7. 007bond thread starter macrumors 6502a

    007bond

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2008
    Location:
    DFW, Texas
    #7
    I think I'm going to wait it out until the new models come out. I'll see if I can get a better deal on the Core i5/i7 models then. Thanks for the help, everyone :).
     

Share This Page