Planning on leaving AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by quincymc, Aug 29, 2008.

1. quincymc macrumors newbie

Hello All,

Im currently on the ATT GOphone plan which is PAYG (I had to because Im an international student and had no credit whatsoever when I purchased. I since now have a credit rating!.)... and its costing me about $95-100 a month, which is WAY WAY too much....

SO, Im wondering if anyone uses the iphone with another carrier and what their monthly costs are.... If possible Id like to get it down to $50 a month...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Problem is, you don't have SS.

3. quincymc thread starter macrumors newbie

I received it last week so I should be good to go! Hopefully..

4. fedup flyer macrumors regular

$40 for basic plan + $20 for data plan + taxes is still going to run in the $75+ neighborhood.

5. Linuss macrumors regular

I'm with T-Mobile and for internet (5.99) 300 minutes + myfaves, and unlimited text, it's only $60 a month.

6. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

i pay 40 bucks a month.

i barely use the phone, when i do i only talk for like a couple minutes at most.

7. quincymc thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow that seems like a pretty good deal. Can you setup myfaves online? I seem to remember that it could only be done via the myfaves app although thats probably changed. How does the EDGE performance compare to that of ATT?

Also, how do I go about cancelling the gophone service with ATT?? It didnt jump out at me when I was looking at the website, although Im convinced im half blind most of the time...

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

EDGE is EDGE and it's similar in speeds. Mind you T-Mobile is 1900 only, so signal penetration isn't best.

And MyFavs you need a phone that's compatible with it and the iPhone isn't.

9. Linuss macrumors regular

Not true alpha. You can set myfaves up online and it only takes a day at most to update.