planning purchase of ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by henhao, Jan 5, 2010.

1. henhao macrumors newbie

I'm planning to purchase a 64 GB ipod touch (3G) and have a few questions.

Firstly, since the new year is here, I'm wondering if now is a good time to purchase or can a price drop be expected some time soon which would be worth waiting for?

A couple of other questions:

How is the quality of recorded voice memos on this device?

What is the typical quality of calls using Fring when in a wifi hotspot? Can one generally expect good audio clarity?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. racer1441 macrumors 68000

That is nearly 100% dependent on the wifi hot spot itself. I've had mine work great or suck depending on the network.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Who knows when they will drop prices. You can get a touch on Amazon for a lot less cheaper than if you get it from the apple store.

I'm also playing with the idea of getting a 64GB Touch, since my Iphone 2G is really slow surfing the web and it's low flash memory content.

4. iTouch.lover22 macrumors regular

Usually, Apple doesn't drop the price of the iPod touch, but there's bound to be multiple electronics and department stores around you that will have sales. There's also the option to haggle for the price, like I did. I managed to get a free case with my 32GB iPod touch worth $35. Since there's still 8 months until the new Touch will come out, I say go ahead and get your iPod touch now. As with the call quality, it will indeed depend on your wifi network. The voice memo quality will depend on your microphone. You can purchase plug in microphones for $10-$20 that have better quality than the ones that are on the packaged apple headphones (such as the Switcheasy Thumbtack). Hope this helps out :)