Planning to Buy iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MaCamZa, Sep 2, 2010.

1. MaCamZa macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Hey guys, planning to buy iPhone 4, but having a bit of confusion over some tariffs... BTW i live in the UK, so i can choose different tariffs for the iPhone.

My confusion is that in the table (below; first link), it says that their is 1GB of Data and 1GB Wi-Fi under the first Vodafone £25 column at the bottom.

What is the difference between Data and Wi-Fi? Is the data 3G? And if i were to buy the iPhone 4, would it be unlocked? The images are below; (The First one is the table and the second one is my choices of what i want to order and the one choices i chose are highlight in light blue).

IMAGES IN #3 POST!

Thanks,

MaCamZa xxx

2. 184550 Guest

The images you uploaded are not showing up, just the links to the files.

3. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Attached Files:

4. sweetie81 macrumors regular

WiFi is in regard to BT Hotspots not your private wlan. You can register at specific BT hotspots with your account logins.

All it says is fair usage policy for 3G (approx 1GB and then throttling) and 1GB WiFi over BT Openzone hotspots ;)

Btw. am a VF customer myself (UK). Hope that helps.

5. bigbren47 macrumors newbie

Why not buy from Apple online? I did and the phone is unlocked so you can pick your network for the best deal. OK it's £499 but you are not locked in for 2 years like most iPhone buys from the networks. You can then buy a sim only deal from £20 per month. Also, if you eventually wanted to sell the phone to upgrade, you get a better deal for an unlocked iPhone 4.