Planning to buy mac book pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by navorriion, Dec 7, 2010.

1. navorriion macrumors newbie

I am new to MAC, I just saw that mac book has NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics card , I wanted to know how much MB of dedicated memory does this provide ( 256mb or 512 mb or 1gb ?). Also, if I install windows and play games like need for speed hot pursuit , does the graphics card deliver the high performance ?

thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

The MacBook (not "MacBook Pro" - indicated in your thread title - or "Mac Pro" - indicated by the location of this thread) does use the 320M, which is an Integrated Graphics Processor (IGP) and has no dedicated RAM, but takes the RAM it uses from the main RAM, which is 256MB, of which the game will take advantage.

The 330M is a dedicated GPU and has 256 to 512 MB dedicated RAM.

3. navorriion thread starter macrumors newbie

so the performance of games on windows with 320M(since it uses a part of RAM and also as windows eats a lot of RAM ) will be not that good ?

4. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

If you want more performance for games, just install the Windows through Bootcamp. That way you'll only load the Windows OS for your games sessions.

5. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

At the resolution you're playing at (1280x800) either 256 or 512 will be more than enough as that isn't nearly enough to fill all the frame buffer. However, you may not be able to turn all the antialiasing features, etc. on but it really doesn't have that great of an effect on gameplay.