Planning to buy Macbook Pro soon, need help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fairladyz0r, May 21, 2009.

  1. fairladyz0r macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2008
    #1
    Hey guys, I am planning to purchase Macbrook Pro soon and I was wondering if theres any updates or changes that are going to happen anytime soon. Thanks
     
  2. brosmooth macrumors member

    brosmooth

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2009
    #2
    why do people ask this? htf should we know?... i wasn't aware steve trolled around marcumors...
     
  3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

    bruinsrme

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2008
    #3
    cmon the 1000 threads asking this;
    Should I wait after WWDC?
    Should I wait for Steve to come back?
    Should I wait until the new iPhone is released?
    Is the an update coming out?

    My recommendation would be to wait.
     
  4. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #4
    Good reply, mate.

    To the OP:
    Use MRoogle.


    You could also look at the Buyer's Guide at the top of this page for guidance, but there are no updates expected at WWDC in June, maybe in August we will get a speed bump for the Back to School program.

    The next major CPU architectural update is expected in November, when mobile Quad Core CPUs are to be released by Intel that meet Apple's requirements.
     
  5. MacDawg macrumors P6

    MacDawg

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2004
    Location:
    "Between the Hedges"
    #5
    You can check the Buyer's Guide on this site, but it is just an educated guess based on statistical analysis.

    The rule of thumb is buy when you need to... there will always be updates coming

    Good luck with your purchase

    Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]
     
  6. fairladyz0r thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2008
    #6
    what about Snow Leopard? are they going to release this anytime soon?
     
  7. MacDawg macrumors P6

    MacDawg

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2004
    Location:
    "Between the Hedges"
    #7
    No one really knows the release date for SL

    Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]
     
  8. fairladyz0r thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2008
    #8
    alright thanks dawg! :D
     
  9. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

    yetanotherdave

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2007
    Location:
    Bristol, England
    #9
    With WWDC happening in just over 2 weeks time, if you can wait that long, I am.
    After that, just buy, there's no telling when the next one could be out, if they don't do it soon, there wont really be time for another one till the next gen processors come out early next year.
     
  10. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

    mikes70mustang

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2008
    Location:
    US
    #10
    strike two, how bout 1 more easily googled answer to complete the trifecta
     
  11. Gianlusp macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2009
    #11
    I would like to buy a new mac book pro 17 (base configuration) from the Apple store in New Orleans but..I 'm little bit confuse...Finally..I'm just going to switch from Windows to Mac..I'm new in this world :apple:
    Anyone tested very well the mbp .?
    Sorry for the stupid question..

    Thanks!
     
  12. JCastro macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2008
    #12
    Steve is everywhere!!! Didn't you know?! :D

    Ummm...I think the answer is yes...:confused: I tested mine. Works good.
     
  13. kolax macrumors G3

    kolax

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2007
    #13
    Definitely wait. If there is going to be an Apple keynote within 2 months of you needing to purchase, unless you are desperate always better to wait.

    We're rumoured to be seeing the Alu MacBook rebranded the 13" MacBook Pro, which will most likely incorporate dedicated graphics, FW800 and a better quality screen.
     
  14. Gianlusp macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2009
    #14
    did you test also the 9600M GT?
     

Share This Page