plastic bumper style cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by white4s, Feb 27, 2012.

1. white4s macrumors 65816

what cases out there are plastic, open back, bumper style? getting pretty annoyed with the glidecase and the way it affects certain reception areas which in return has been decreasing battery life. thanks

2. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

I'm definitely recommending the baseonelabs impact band. The newest version has been refined, it is no longer super bulky and there are no problems with typing. Feels great in the hand and offers as much if not more protection than regular cases. It's one of my favorite cases (I've got the white on white.)

http://www.baseonelabs.com/collections/products/products/impactbandtm-for-iphone-4

3. JMies419 macrumors 6502

Impact bands look good but man are they pricey. Just my opinion, I would probably try one but for $30 I dunno.

4. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

I don't think that's too bad considering how well made and sturdy the bumper is. if you think about it 30 bucks is pricey for any case but it's the standard for most if not more. I use ebay for most accessory purchases anyways lol sucks that impact bands aren't on there.

5. Motliest Crue macrumors regular

I use a $2.00 Apple Bumper knock off i got from Amazon. It's plastic and silicone.

6. white4s thread starter macrumors 65816

yea i had the same one from ebay but i dont like the silicone part

----------

thanks but way to bulky for me

7. Motliest Crue macrumors regular

Agreed on the silicone part. I had the white with grey but could not keep it clean. I decided to switch to black with a black and silver Luck Labs back and it looks great.

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Just put in an order for a black one for my white 4S. Would've gotten white, but bad experiences with white cases so I'll stick to black.

9. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Yeah all white tpu cases end up scuffed and dirty and it's hell to clean...

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Exactly. Plus I dig the black & white look anyhow. Look forward to receiving my case soon.