Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SexyBeast

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Does anyone know where I can find a protective plastic case to house an extra battery for my galaxy S4? I want to be able to carry it around in my pocket without my keys or coins damaging the connections.

JH-

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2009
If you want a case to carry around an extra battery why not just get a large extended battery and be done? It would probably be about the same thickness and wouldn't require charging two separate batteries.

Last edited:

SexyBeast

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
It makes the device thicker. Plus I have a custom leather back (actual back, not a case) that I use and it wouldn't fit. It takes 5 seconds to change the battery

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
If you want a case to carry around an extra battery why not just get a large extended battery and be done? It would probably be about the same thickness and wouldn't require charging two separate batteries.

Does Samsung make a factory extended battery?

SexyBeast

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Regardless I would still need an extra battery. I tether with it and sometimes use 3 batteries in a day. Anyone know where do get a protective case?

JH-

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2009
Does Samsung make a factory extended battery?

Not that I'm aware of.

I also interpreted the original request incorrectly. I thought you wanted a case to go over your phone and also carry a battery around inside of it. I apologize for the incorrect assumption.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Off Topic, but is there a higher capacity battery that can go into the GS4, but not change the shape or thickness, so I can use my current case, and keep the factory samsung back cover?

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
Off Topic, but is there a higher capacity battery that can go into the GS4, but not change the shape or thickness, so I can use my current case, and keep the factory samsung back cover?

Zerolemon 3000 mAH battery, but you lose NFC. Also gotta peel off the sticker on the battery to get rid of the slight bump.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Anker has a 5200mAh battery that comes with a new back cover. It fits very nicely. I also bought a TPU case for it. It does make it fatter and heavier, but not greatly. Useful if you know you are going to have a hard day of phone use.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
If you get the official battery it comes with a case. Sorry if that doesn't help much.

This. The offical Samsung kit comes with a battery, a nice compact charger, power cord, and a thin plastic pocket protector case for the battery. $45 purchased from the AndroidCentral shop. I've seen it for less elsewhere as well.

Peterg2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada

jamojamo

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
If you read the reviews, this particular one seems to be a knock-off. Some people, however, feel compelled to post in the comment section even though they did not purchase from this particular vendor on Amazon - ZHIJIANG TAO -

Thanks for the heads up, have edited the link out. Don't want to point to a fake.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Ziploc_snap_n_seal_sm_bowl.jpg

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I used a couple of spare batteries with my note 1 but I didnt put them in a case. I just put them into a zipped compartment of my handbag. I've just ordered the official spare battery kit fot my S4 and it comes with a case so I suppose I'll use that. I'll have to buy a few more spares as I liked to keep them charged up and put them in my various handbags so if I was out and needed the extra battery I wouldn't have to remember to bring it or switch it between handbags.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.