Plastic "Dot" to Stick to Screen Cover. Very odd question.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aerodoc, Nov 10, 2009.

1. aerodoc macrumors member

This is quite odd and is not really an iPhone accessory, but I am using an application called Snatch that allows for the phone to act as a remote control.

I would like to stick a sort of "dot" to the screen that would allow my thumb to automatically feel the center and give it a reference point so I don't need to look at the phone itself. I have tested the concept out and it works fine, but now I need something more professional looking.

This dot should be clear and would look something like those dots you might stick to the underside of portable hard drive to act as a non skid surface and to raise it off the ground. But it should be relatively small, not bigger in diameter than a pencil eraser, and not be too too thick (maybe about .1"). It should have a contoured surface as opposed to a sharp edge.

Any idea of a product that might have something like this that I could utilize?

P.S. If you are wondering why I am doing this, it is have a central remote system that does remote control for media center, lighting, and to also have mouse and keyboard controls in one unit. While I have a nice $500 universal remote, it won't do keyboard or mouse controls.

2. MrJT macrumors newbie

Not a strange question at all. I've thought about similar things with applications for iPhone gaming.

Honestly, for your application, I'd purchase a screen protector, and
    use a hole punch to make a dot (and plenty of spares). I expect that most other "feet" would interupt touch screen capacitance.