Plastic "stick on" back cover

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JustOneQuickONe, Oct 3, 2011.

1. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

Does anyone know of a back cover that just sticks on, sort of like a decal, but it's made out of a somewhat rigid plastic? I bought the SGP neo hybrid, but the silicone portion covering the back of the phone makes me a little nervous as it is a bit thin. I want something that I can either directly stick to the back of the silicone, or back of the phone then put the silicone over it, that will add some "hard" protection for the back of the phone (but nothing too drastic). Something between a full piece of plastic like you'd find on an actual case, and a "decal".
    Any ideas?

2. JustOneQuickONe thread starter macrumors 6502

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Why don't you just buy a replacement back?

You only have to remove 2 screws to replace it. It's easier than having to align a sticker.

4. EBPcsi2k macrumors newbie

Element Case

I know the Element Case Polycarbonate Back Plates are adhesive mounted. The website offers the Tactical lines and a woodgrain. There are also carbon fiber plates that adhesively mount. As for solid colors, I received a solid white polycarbonate back plate with my White Vapor Pro. The Vapor Pro Stealth appears to have a black back plate. E-mail Element Case or Facebook message them.

5. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

The Zagg Leatherskins are very nice, not exactly what your asking for, but might do what you want.

6. JustOneQuickONe thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I'll have to check those out. If I were to get a replacement back is there anyway apple can tell that it has been removed/is a replacement? Only asking in case or warranty issues.

7. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

As far as I know unless you remove the tab that is used to pull the battery out they will not know. There is some green paint on the screws but I've removed my different backs numerous times and taken it to the Apple store with no problems.

8. JustOneQuickONe thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I'm going to go the backplate + bumper rout. where is the best place to get a backplate that's good but not too expensive? I seem to be finding a lot of different places, but I don't want to end up with one that has a poor fit.