Plastic white body affect the performance

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bluebird3, Aug 5, 2013.

1. bluebird3 macrumors regular

I have been using my friend's Mac Book and whenever I put my bit of weight on the computer, it affect its simple performance such as typing text. When I lift my hands off a bit then I can start typing again. Is this normal ? I guess this wont happen in newer alm. body ?

2. dlegendkiller macrumors newbie

it happened to me too. I have macbook A1181, the touchpad and button doesn't work properly when a bit of weight is pressed against the palmrest

3. Striker-UMB macrumors regular

Is it the older white non-unibody MacBook? I have the late 2009 white unibody MacBook and its still going strong, I lean on the sides all the time and its just as solid as ever.

4. bluebird3 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats good to know. Here I was typing with this mac book and suddenly started acting up. It deleted my entire texts. :( I made sure my hand was not pressing any keys. I then realized that if I lifted my hand off it fixed the problem. Its white plastic I did not know how sensitive this thing was..... I guess thats why they went with aluminum body in the next generation ? I hope those newer aluminum body wont do this ?

----------

Yes, its 2008 Mac Book white plastic body. It can get bend or something while you type, its really sensitive otherwise its good still. I was thinking about purchasing this from the owner since she no longer use it ( finished with her school), but now I am not sure if I want to buy this machine. Probably thats why the Apple went from plastic body to Aluminum body ? (aside from much stronger and lighter than the plastic probably...)

arnnn please forgive my ignorance but whats unibody ? :confused: