Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marklin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
key command on the keyboard apple disappeared!!!!!, I want to return the apple!, I think different!! I don't like to say.... "command-s", i like to say "apple-s". Mac users are different. with less technical terms that pc users, we do things better than them!!!

Please apple return apple to command key!!!! Users Unit!!!! :p:p

368219108_ec47fcfeda.jpg

Disc Golfer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
I don't like to say.... "command-s", i like to say "apple-s". Mac users are different. with less technical terms that pc users, we do things better than them!!!
That is funny to me because in the past I've been admonished by an apple service repair tech for calling it the apple key and not the command key.
But then, computer technicians are generally arrogant sad little trolls whether they work on macs or windows computers.

marklin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Is not apple has never given an explanation?

For people with dissability is best work with apple icon in keyboard :(

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I preferred it as on the original Apples it was always referred to as the Apple key. Also it makes things easier when giving someone instructions over the phone. Now instead of saying let's say Apple S I have to say Command S. Then they say "what is command?", no one ever knows what the command key is. To which I have to reply the key by the space bar with the little box and four circles.

marklin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
I post the same think, in spanish forums, but spanish people don't like apple in command key :mad::mad::mad: why??

I think the apple icon on the keyboard is a hallmark.
I was born with that key (apple comand) and now when I see it is not feel like I'm missing something
I'm from spain barcelona but I do not feel identified with the Spanish mac users :(

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
i think they changed it ...because they didn't want to offend switchers who still want to run mainly windows on the new mac's

but every keyboard you find in shops has the windows key so it would only be fair to have the little apple key if you are using a apple computer :)

i really miss this little apple on the new keyboard ...at least on the bottom side is a apple... ok you have to turn the keyboard upside down to see its from apple , like apple would be ashamed of its design :(

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
If you really want to kick it old school, take it back to the Apple II and have an open apple on the left and closed apple on the right.

steveca

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2005
Malta
no difference in the function... i guess apple removed the logo because now macs do more than mac os x. as we can run windows it would definitely look out of place... having said that i liked the logo myself...

marklin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
no difference in the function... i guess apple removed the logo because now macs do more than mac os x. as we can run windows it would definitely look out of place... having said that i liked the logo myself...

yes.... but....whta's happened with?.....Think different.....now is...thinks alike.

Apple is changing a lot, I only see dollars in the eyes of Steve Jobs, remember the first announcement of apple?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8

2010, Apple is becoming clones :(

Tanegashima

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
Portugal
I really hate the "Windows" key...

I like better "command" key than "apple" key. Portuguese keyboards (at least) don't have the apple logo and I think it looks childish.

Also, I don't understand the "Option" key...

My keyboard says "fn", "ctrl", "alt" with it's symbol of a Z and a trace and "cmd" key, with that funky square...

marklin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
i guess functionality did win after all. On a positive note pc's still do not run mac os x... till now... kind of...

If Apple continues to do the same, in a few years will look like windows policy. I don't like.

I hate that money moves the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
apple has become what we all hated in the past , a gadged maker who happens to produce pc's too , they might have the apple logo on somewhere , but inside is a simple pc like you get them from dell and sony ....and others
and they run like the others windows operating systems , ok i heard the new ones can run osx too.... so hiding the apple logo on the underside of the keyboards is important , next thing the apple logo will disappear from the front /sides/ top of the mac's to the underside , like apple is ashamed of its products

and it already started , iphone ..no logo on front, ipod ..no logo on front ,ipad..no logo on front , ok i can understand apple , i would be ashamed too
if i transformed a reputable computer manufacturer to a gadget manufacturer

marklin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
apple has become what we all hated in the past , a gadged maker who happens to produce pc's too , they might have the apple logo on somewhere , but inside is a simple pc like you get them from dell and sony ....and others
and they run like the others windows operating systems , ok i heard the new ones can run osx too.... so hiding the apple logo on the underside of the keyboards is important , next thing the apple logo will disappear from the front /sides/ top of the mac's to the underside , like apple is ashamed of its products

and it already started , iphone ..no logo on front, ipod ..no logo on front ,ipad..no logo on front , ok i can understand apple , i would be ashamed too

Is there any way mac users to show our concerns to apple about what is happening?
will not do much, I know. But as you say, Apple has Become Hated What we all in the Past

I would like remind to Apple the Think Different

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US

iPod never had an Apple logo on the front. PowerBooks and iBooks lost front facing logos YEARS ago, and the Powermac hasn't had an Apple logo on the front since the Digital Audio. That said, the iMac still has a front facing logo. Apple isn't ashamed of anything they make. You're either paranoid or you haven't been paying attention to their products in almost a decade.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
maybe i can not express myself good enough , when i switched from pc to apple i looked for something different , ok mainly OSX , but this little apple on the keyboard was one of these small things that made apple different

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
maybe i can not express myself good enough , when i switched from pc to apple i looked for something different , ok mainly OSX , but this little apple on the keyboard was one of these small things that made apple different
Thats fair. Apple has done many things over the past few years to become more mainstream. Writing iTunes for Windows, making the iPod PC compatible, moving to a 2 button mouse, and this switch to Intel are all things Apple has done to lose its "different" factor. From a business standpoint its the best thing they ever could have done, but I can relate missing that feeling of uniqueness that used to come with owning a Macintosh.

max¥¥

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
Over there....
I liked it when apple was really different (g3-g4), now i think the mac mini is the only one that is really different, you just cant find a mini pc that small

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.