Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
UK
My other half can play all apple music on wifi but when she is on cellular, the song titles are greyed out and she can't play it. She is on a family plan with myself but is not the main account holder. Any ideas why? We have checked cellular is enable in the cellular menu.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
My other half can play all apple music on wifi but when she is on cellular, the song titles are greyed out and she can't play it. She is on a family plan with myself but is not the main account holder. Any ideas why? We have checked cellular is enable in the cellular menu.

Same setup here and no issues. Have her reboot her phone.

dathomso

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
Wine Country
Had the same symptoms yesterday, had to go to Settings - Music - "Use Cellular Data" and switch it on, also turned on "High Quality on Cellular" - worked good after that...

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Had the same symptoms yesterday, had to go to Settings - Music - "Use Cellular Data" and switch it on, also turned on "High Quality on Cellular" - worked good after that...

Where is High Quality setting? I don't see it in 8.4

tomekosiowy

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2013
Poland
It seems that in countries like usa, users have other (extra) options for Music service. I saw other posts with suggestions to enable "wonder" options too.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I believe (at least I think I have) seen on iOS 9 beta an option for high quality. I see nothing on 8.4

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I believe (at least I think I have) seen on iOS 9 beta an option for high quality. I see nothing on 8.4
In Settings: Music It may be new to iOS 9.

I keep cellular off and download all my Playlists at home to listen to.

IMG_0519_zpszwtbmifj.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.