iPad mini Play audio through headphones AND Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SteveDhalai, Sep 7, 2013.

1. SteveDhalai macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Long time reader, first time poster here (and registrant!).

This is a bit of a general question, but I'll be doing it on an iPad. I don't think it's possible with any device but can't find anything to confirm that.

I have 2 sets of speakers in 2 different rooms. One has a Bluetooth receiver hooked up to it so you can play music wirelessly via bluetooth. The other is a standard set of speakers with a aux (headphone) connection.

My question is, can I hook up my iPad to the aux connection for one set and have audio play out of both those speakers and also wirelessly play through the bluetooth speakers at the same time?

If not, is there any way of getting my Mac to play music at the same time (in sync) with my iPad? As this way I can play music through the bluetooth speakers with the mac and use the iPad for the other speakers.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

Thanks

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Perhaps if there are airplay adapters you can hook up to each device, but even then I don't think the iPad can stream to multiple airplay devices. Maybe you can set your Mac to stream to all the speakers and control it from your iPad.