Play .avi on iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by DaMob, Feb 23, 2011.

1. DaMob macrumors member

Hi

I'm aware the iPod/iPhone isn't able to play .avi, but as I have a jailbroken iPod Touch I was wondering if there is any program which allows you to play .avi files?

I'm also aware of a program which allows you to play .avi directly from your pc, but I'm looking for something with which you can put .avi's on your iPod and then play them.

I'm asking this because I'm sick and tired of the converting proces...

Thanks in advance!

2. InsiderApps macrumors member

VLC used to be on the app store, but I think it is on Cydia now.. Have a look. :)

3. DaMob thread starter macrumors member

Okay it works, downloaded it from Cydia and then with a SFTH client.
    But it has to upload the files at the speed of my internet connection, which isn't blistering fast. Converting and then with iTunes would go faster.

Isn't there another way with which you can put the video's on the iPod with the cable?

4. Consultant, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011

Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

SFTP uploads at your NETWORK speed, not internet speed.

CineXPlayer (iPhone: http://bit.ly/hvni3C, iPad: http://bit.ly/eGsI9f ), on App Store can play avi. You can load it from iTunes under apps.

5. APtalent macrumors regular

VLC is horrible.

Use AVplayer. Much more features and 10x more reliable on flawless video playback.

6. DaMob thread starter macrumors member

How come it only goes at 200kb/s second then? Are there any settings I have to change?
    I checked the bandwith in the program, but even at 10000 kb/s it doesn't change

7. DaMob thread starter macrumors member

CineXPlayer proves to be the best for me

Thanks all, finally no more converting!

8. neim81094 macrumors newbie

Dude instead of wirelessly transferring use ifunbox you connect your itouch/phone/pad to your computer thn load ifunbox now you could transfer data from your idevice at 20mb/second very convenient all u need is ssh installed on ipod

9. Sonny bro macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Sonny Bro!; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Movieplayer from cydia should do the trick, can play nearly every movie type.

10. snowbrdr1 macrumors newbie

snowbrdr1

There's ton's of cydia apps that will let you play .avi. Just search around in the bigboss source

11. aNYthing24 macrumors member