Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deafanimator

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
Will SONY PS3 Blueray play Movies with Mac bluetooth?

I am thinking about getting Sony PS3 for my daughter Christmas Present. I know PS3 has the blue tooth ability. I will plan to buy Mac Mini that will come with HDMI output to my movie projector. I want to know if Mac will able to use blue tooth and able to get movies from PS3 to play movies and possible to record to Mac for back up or make library with mandrake?

Has anyone done that?

Or should build HTPC?

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
  1. There's no combination of hardware/software that I can think of that would do what you're talking about doing.
  2. Bluetooth tops out (theoretically) at about 3Mb per second, and Blu-Ray movies require a 54Mbps data transfer rate. Bluetooth just can't handle that kind of bandwidth.

gelinasbrian

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2010
Massachusetts
Mac OS X does not natively support blu-ray, also bluetooth has limited transfer rates. You may be able to use windows in bootcamp and stream over wifi rather than bluetooth. It is also not likely that Mac will ever have blu-ray as Steve thinks that physical media is on its way out and streaming media is "it". I feel you have limited options with what you seek. Sorry man.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.