Play FLAC in iTunes, once and for all?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tonarsjesus, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Tonarsjesus macrumors newbie

I'm so tired of this. I can't find any decent plugin that makes this possible. I tried the "Fluke" solution but that didn't work either.

I'm using Songbird at the moment and been doing that for a while, but they never update it and i want to use iTunes.

Why isen't there an easy plugin to make it possible to play FLAC in iTunes? Is it impossible to do it? It has to be something since there is absolutely nothing that makes it possible, and there most be a lot of people like me that want to do this.

And no, i don't wan't to convert and go thru a lot of hassle. There is plugins and stuff for almost everything, except for playing FLAC in iTunes in an easy way...or is there?

Thanks.

2. Jeordeon macrumors newbie

It's not a hassle to convert it. Download the app "XLD" (Google the name and it's the first link, I believe), set up the preferences (takes no more than a minute or two), and to convert to iTunes-friendly FLAC files, just drag the folder containing the files onto the XLD icon. It'll convert them and move them to wherever you have set as the destination, and vuala - you can import them into iTunes as flac audio.

If you absolutely hate one the extra step, then use a different media player. iTunes can't play flac.

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

4. cindyhy macrumors member

Fluke and XLD seems to be your best bet at the moment. Fluke is a really easy, no-hassle solution until Lion. But XLD isn't too much of a hassle either. It can convert your FLAC files and automatically add them to your designated playlists in your iTunes library when conversion's finished.

5. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

XLD is great easy and fast thanks for the tip.

6. newmacuser23 macrumors member

can anyone recommend a Blu-Ray Ripper with these features.

I have recently started using XLD and it works a charm it is one of thse apps I wander why it is available for free when the quality would justify a price.