Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
UK
Hey all,

Hope someone can help

When I play a video from my iTunes on my MBP to ATV, the video comes up on the screen and instantly pauses, and won't play. If I press play it just pauses instantly, but if I search for the video using the ATV and play it, from the same computer, it works fine. Any ideas?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Hey all,

Hope someone can help

When I play a video from my iTunes on my MBP to ATV, the video comes up on the screen and instantly pauses, and won't play. If I press play it just pauses instantly, but if I search for the video using the ATV and play it, from the same computer, it works fine. Any ideas?

Kind of hard to understand what you mean are you sure the initiall pause isn't just the video buffering

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
UK
Kind of hard to understand what you mean are you sure the initiall pause isn't just the video buffering

No, press play and it just pauses instantly, wait ten minutes and press play, it just pauses instantly. But if I go onto the Apple TV interface to play the same video, it plays instantly with no issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.