Play games on PC via MAC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by oOMezzaOo, Feb 23, 2017.

1. oOMezzaOo macrumors newbie

oOMezzaOo

Hi Guys,

I have a 2016 MacBook Pro i use for graphics design and a PC i use for gaming. At the moment i have my PC plugged into my monitors and use the MacBook standalone.

I was wondering if there was a way i could plug my MacBook into the monitors but still access my PC via my MacBook for gaming in a similar way to a virtual desktop i.e. when my PC powers up i get a popup on my MacBook with the PC display output.

I have done a bit of research but i cannot find a tool that would allow me to do this so i haven't got high hopes but if there is one out there you guys would know about it.

Thanks in advance.

2. shaunp macrumors 65816

Technically you could do this via a Microsoft remote desktop connection, but the performance for highly graphical content will be dire. It's primarily used to remotely manage Windows servers where the graphical requirements are minimal.

What I've done in this case is store the data I want in a cloud drive of some sort and sync the data between the two. Then I just use each computer as is with the apps native on each machine. Providing your apps run on both Mac and Windows its an easier path to go down.

3. oOMezzaOo thread starter macrumors newbie

oOMezzaOo

It is mainly for playing games. The only way i could think of doing it is to buy a video capture device and use that but i assume that would introduce input lag which for gaming purposes would not be ideal.

4. shaunp macrumors 65816

I'd just stick with the PC for games and use the laptop when you are out of the house. I think trying to do it any other way will just over complicate matters, cost money and make performance worse for games.