Play iPod in car without FM Transmitter?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by ipodtouchftw, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ipodtouchftw macrumors member

Is there anything I can buy to play my iPod Touch in my car without an FM Transmitter (too much static in my area). I also don't have an audio-input jack in my car.

2. danimal99 macrumors regular

One of those cassette adapters will work. I use one for my satellite radio, and have at times swapped it onto my mp3 player and ipod. Sounds fine.

3. ColdCase macrumors 68030

You can spend a some $$ and install an iPod interface in many cars. See http://www.apple.com/ipod/carintegration/

The FM transmitter or cassette adapter is what most users have. If you are handy, some radios have an audio input jack in the rear that you may be able to wire to.

4. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

I use a Blitzsafe adapter for my 2006 Toyota Camry. It connects to the dock port on my ipod touch and sounds fantastic. It charges the ipod as well and continues to charge for about 15-20 minutes after I turn the car off (If I were to leave the ipod in the car).

I can still use the in-dash 6 disc changer in the radio too.

5. Khryz macrumors 6502a

If your car has an AUX output you simply plug in an double-sided headphone jack into the car's AUX output and the other end into your iPod's headphone jack and you can play it.

Some cars have it and some cars don't. Check your owner's manual. If not, you can buy those connectors that stick into your cigaretter/power adapter which use an FM station that plugs into your iPod - they sound considerably better than the wireless FM transmitters.

6. BucketsTouch macrumors newbie

I have found this adapter Connex2Car at the website below... has a RCA, 3.5 jack and iPod connectors that also chargers it and it sounds excellent too :D , I have a Pioneer CD/Receiver. I found it at Best Buy for $39.99 took about :10 to install.

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/products.aspx

Mark

7. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I have a jack to plug my iPod touch into my car deck. I bought the deck just so I could plug my iPod into it. Best money I spent, except for the iPod touch that is.

8. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

9. atomheartmother macrumors regular

10. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I have a auxillery option on my stereo for my old car but there isn't any little plugs, so i took out my stereo face/box and there was an extra cord so I spliced it to connect to a audio jack. And it works perfectly fine. It might be a little tougher to do, but if your stereo has an "Aux" button then it might be an option for you.