Play more than one music video at a time

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by hauntedcity, Jun 2, 2007.

1. hauntedcity macrumors member

hauntedcity

Is it possible to shuffle or play multiple music videos at a time? I've tried selecting "shuffle" or playing from a playlist, but as soon as one video finishes, it takes me back to the menu.

Thanks,

Doug

2. hauntedcity thread starter macrumors member

hauntedcity

Am I the only one with this problem? :confused:

What of my dream to create a music television "channel" that actually plays music videos?

Doug

3. pavloskgr macrumors member

No you're not the only one.....

No you're not the only one who wants to turn your apple tv to your own "MTV" network! I have a pretty nice music video gallery, and i thought(before i bought apple tv) i could shuffle music videos (by the way you can do that in itunes)! But unfortunately you are not able to do that! I posted a relative forum regarding the same issue 3 weeks ago! Someone posted a quote that said he called apple and disccussed that issue and actually kind of asked that feature (shuffle music videos) in a future apple tv software update!!!!!!!!!! If they manage to enhance apple tv with that feature, it will be awesome!!!!!!!!

4. hauntedcity thread starter macrumors member

hauntedcity

Thanks for the info! Hopefully this functionality will be added in the mysterious June software upgrade.

5. neven macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, I don't have any music videos, so I can't test this. However, if music video behavior is like podcast behavior, then you won't be able to play more than one at a time if you select from the Music Videos menu... however! If you make a playlist (or smart playlist) of music videos, you might be able to select that and shuffle it.

Works with podcasts, so... Give it a shot!

6. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

The problems is that I assume your podcasts are audio-only, so it's not a big deal if it counts them as "music" for the purpose of your playlist.

I don't have an :apple:tv, but I do know that Front Row on a "full" Mac has the same one-video-only limitation. If you create a "video playlist", and play it through the "Music" section, you just get the audio, not the video. The only way that a playlist works is in iTunes itself, not Front Row.

7. pavloskgr macrumors member

The strange thing is......

that there is already an option to shuffle music videos, but as soon as you choose it , an error message appears, saying that there was some kind of a problem!!!!!! I am sure they can fix it with a software update.........Why are they selling music videos then???? Just to watch one that lasts 3 minutes and then return, press some buttons and then watch the next one.....????That is soooo not APPLE....

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

It all revolves around Leopard..

Think Leopard and repeat. ;)

9. Mernak macrumors 6502

There is a really easy fix for this, but it took me ages to figure out. go to Get info for the music video(s). and set "skip when shuffling" to "no" (its under options if you are doing just one video, changing multiple videos has everything on one screen)

P.S. Front Row still isn't playing nicely, it refuses to go to the next one

10. pavloskgr macrumors member

I tried it but it didn't work!Are u sure it worked with Apple TV??we aren't talking about itunes (itunes can play more than one music videos at a time) but Apple TV....I did what u said, but......

11. imlucid macrumors 6502

Apple TV does not support playback of multiple videos.