Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simondfer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
It's not hack, it's not crack, it's easy and it works

"Things you will need to get started.

1. An Sirius(xm) subscription
2. uXM from http://www.millardsoftware.com/
3. Orb server from orb.com or mycast.orb.com
4. An iPhone or ipod touch

Download an install uXM (to the PC). make sure it's RC5 if you are subscriber in canada. Click the settings button and enter your user name and password you use to stream Sirius(xm) online.
Click start.

Download and install the orb server (again, PC). Part of the install process will help you create an orb account. Once you have uXM and orb running on your PC (I could not get this to work in parallels on my mac) go back to the orb.com on your PC and sign in/orb 2.0.

Click Open Application.
Click Audio.
Click Favorite Channels under internet radio.
Click the 'add custom' link that is on the top of the page.
Type in the xm or Sirius channel name(you name it).
Double click the uXM logo in your tray (next to the clock) and click the URLS button. Choose the xm channel you want to stream from the pull down menu.
Click the clipboard button.
Return to the orb website and paste the url in the url field.
Click submit

Now get out your iPhone or touch and go to orb.com and sign in.
Click Audio.
Click Internet Radio Favorites.
Click the channel icon for the channel you just saved.
Click play.
Click the small play arrow in the lower right corner of the QT screen. Touch it

i just saw it on another website, and i am enjoying sirius on my lovely ipod touch. again, it's not hack or crack, and totally safe for ur touch.

*make sure to keep ur pc on(not mac, pc only) when u listen.

thx for whoever gave this info

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
*make sure to keep ur pc on(not mac, pc only) when u listen.

wait, so it only works for PC.....hahahahahahaha, whats the point in posting it here then. thanks anyway. but useless to about 99% of the people here. (if i'm wrong it's because i didnt read your whole post, i just saw that)

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
wait, so it only works for PC.....hahahahahahaha, whats the point in posting it here then. thanks anyway. but useless to about 99% of the people here. (if i'm wrong it's because i didnt read your whole post, i just saw that)
1. don't be ridicules, apple didn't make its iPod available for pc just for nothing, if mac has 5% of computer market, and iPod has 70% of mp3 players market, you bet most of iPod users use it with a PC.

2. for OP, I would change "PC" to "windows", since Intel macs can do windows too

3. and Thanks for the info, I sync my iPod touch to all four of my computers, two macs, 1 vista, and 1 vista/lin hybrid.

PS. a good thing about this Touch is that It can sync to vista/osx w/o re-format like old iPod, its indeed a pleasant improvement. Now only if apple add Linux to the list...

MagicWok

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2006
London
1. don't be ridicules, apple didn't make its iPod available for pc just for nothing, if mac has 5% of computer market, and iPod has 70% of mp3 players market, you bet most of iPod users use it with a PC.

Urm true. But remember what forum you're posting on :p LOL, so posting stuff for the Mac in the first instance generally helps around here...

Got me thinking though if I could play radio over wifi by going through a few radio station homepages. Such as http://www.capitalradio.co.uk/Default.asp for us UK people.

Will have to try when I get back home if someone doesn't do so before me.

simondfer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006

i just found a easy way to listen sirius or xm radio on ur touch, if u have some better idea, please tell us. again, not 99% of people here use Mac OS, i have both mac os and windows. But ,maybe 99% of ppl here don' have sirius radio. so, the info is just for someone who need it/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.