Play song title before playing music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anthdci, Sep 20, 2010.

1. anthdci macrumors 6502

Although this thread could go in any ipod/iphone forum I am putting it here since the device I am using is a iPhone 4. Is there anyway to have the device read the name of the song before playing? The reason I would like this is because I am absolutely terrible at remembering song names and artists, so although I have loads of albums when a song plays using genius the majority of the time I have no idea what it is called or who it is by and I don't want to be pulling my phone out of my pocket for every song. The iPhone is jailbroken so cydia apps are ok.

2. Hemmo macrumors regular

yeah i would like that too ,at the moment i have like 1500 songs on my phone and there is noway i could remember all of those songs names.

3. Lingham macrumors regular

How would an app play all the titles? It would sound like one of those dodgy text to voice apps which gets stuff wrong all the time.

It wouldn’t be able to read some of the titles due to .’s – Grammar and all sorts

4. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

Isn't there something built into OSX that reads things back to the user? All be it in a monotone voice.

5. WelshBluebird macrumors regular

Voice control and voiceover work fine with the stuff I got on my iPhone, so all that would be needed is to use that really.

6. cpalmer17 macrumors newbie

Um, maybe I'm missing something, but why don't you just look at the display to see what's playing? I get that you might have the iPhone in your pocket or hooked up to a sound dock, but if you're really that interested in knowing what's playing, it seems like a quick look at the display wouldn't be a hardship.

7. Lingham macrumors regular

+1

8. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

although its not a hardship, another thing that I am having an annoyance about is (and I know this is extremely niche) when I listen to audio books, for example I have one that is broken up into 6CDs and each CD into 13tracks, there is no gap in between and sometimes when I have been listening to music and have had it on shuffle, I go back to it and forget to take the shuffle off. So I can end up jumping around and spending half the time trying to find out where the hell I am up to. I thought the phone saying the name of the track would be a good way to make sure I was listening in order, and it would also be helpful when listening to music normally. Am I wrong in thinking the 3rd and 4th gen ipod shuffle do this?

9. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

^

For audiobooks: select the 'songs' in iTunes that are you audiobook CD files, then click through: Menu Bar:File>Get Info. In the new window click on the 'Options' tab, and select the media kind to be 'Audiobook'.

10. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

i have done that, and it has moved the book into the ibook section of itunes. Now on my iPhone it is in a different section. Ill see how it works tomorrow on my route to work :cool: