Play these games on crossover?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by adamvk, Feb 14, 2009.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

Is it possible to play either Oblivion or Test Drive Unlimited on some kind of crossover application?

Thanks

2. Keleko macrumors 68000

I've heard of people getting Oblivion to work using the Cider engine. I haven't tried it, myself, so I can't give a firsthand account of it.

3. aluminumapple macrumors regular

Crossover will not comply with either games, remember crossover only works with games that dont really require Direct X.

use cider from now on it works much better.

4. Supaklaw macrumors regular

Oblivion will install but gets funky as mentioned, Open GL and Direct X don't play well together.

5. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Ok, I installed Oblivion using Cider, but what now? Is there anything else I need to install to make it work? I dont need crossover as well as cider, right? I can't figure out how to actually run Oblivion, I need help on what to do, please.

Thanks.

6. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

7. Cboss macrumors 6502

To play Oblivion I had to download Oldblivion. It lets you run it on systems with older/worse graphics cards. I have a Blackbook and that worked for me, but since you have a unibody you may be fine. Just try it out and get Oldblivion if needed.

8. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

lol does oldblivion have all the same content? quests etc? just worse textures/models I'm assuming? sound? also are you playing Oldblivion via crossover?