Play Warhammer Online??

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by TJunkers, Mar 1, 2009.

1. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

If anyone plays warhammer online, would they mind sending me a "Recruit-A-Friend" so I can try it out? my email is TJunkers@me.com thanks!

2. davwin macrumors regular

Referal sent

I'm not sure how familiar you are with WAR but make sure to play as many Public Quests and Scenarios as you can and get involved with PvP/RvR as early as possible :)

3. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

I was just looking to play this the other day after playing WoW for a long time. In the UK so cant get the FilePlanet trial, or anything.

I would really appreciate it someone sent me one as well so I could try it please. Thank you. Email: josh@kahane.co.uk or kahane45@gmail.com

4. davwin macrumors regular

5. juliancs macrumors 6502

I'm getting my unibody 17" 2.9ghz on friday. Will I be able to play WAR? If so, can someone send me a referall? I'm dying for a MMORPG since I left WoW.

thanks!
    julianculmeseymour@ gmail. com

6. davwin macrumors regular

Sent! :)

Heheh in all seriousness though, yes WAR will play brilliantly on the Unibody 17" MBP. I play on the Unibody MB (2.0, 2GB RAM) and the 9400 has no problems with WAR at 1280x800 and it maintains a steady framerate on the "Fastest Framerate" setting even in RvR. Yours should do significantly better as the 9600M GT is a better card all around - and your only card as far as Windows will be concerned :) I would guess all features on Med/High and native screen res, even when playing RvR.

Have Fun

7. davwin macrumors regular

Thanks to you guys :) I may get a free month of WAR out of this.

8. Alphakline macrumors regular

Alphakline

invite

Hi can I get an invite too? I would like to try this one out too. :D

Thanks in advance!

kerry.kline @ mac.com

9. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

Just the other day for those wondering, they launched a 10 day trial. So no need for referrals any more everyone. Thanks to those who did.

10. davwin macrumors regular

Referral sent Kerry. And Josh is right that a free 10 day trial is up now for anyone who wants to try the game out. By all means, anyone interested should try this one out as WAR is one of the best MMO's at PvP type play so give it a whirl. And, obviously you can still use the referral system if desired; it has its benefits too :)

11. Alphakline macrumors regular

Alphakline

Thanks davwin for the invite.

Is anyone having trouble finishing the client download/patcher? I've been trying for 2 days now to have it finish. It's like 99% done and quits on the world.myp file.

File Error:

"The patch client was unable to retrieve the file........ from the patcher server. Please try again in a short while."

Yeah, i've been trying for two days now.

12. PurpleCliff macrumors regular

PurpleCliff

Hey all,
    Is Warhammer Online good? I thought it looked great - but had a really bad computer up until now (I just got an iMac :D). So do you think I should get it?
    And how does it go on your Macs? :apple:
    Thanks!

13. davwin macrumors regular

Alpha: I haven't gotten that error before so not sure but maybe try getting the client form one of the mirrors instead? I think file Planet still hosts it too if that helps. Anyone else in this thread have trouble with the download - any ideas?

Purple: Warhammer Online is pretty damn awesome IMO :) but it is very much focused on PvP play so if thats not your thing you may not care for WAR. I only say that as fair warning because it is similiar to WoW and the other MMOs as far as general questing and instances go with the exceptions being the public quests and of course the PvP play. The PvP is what makes it so different and great though. Think the Battleground-type play or the open PvP in WoW but a much larger variety of them (Scenarios) to choose from with the open PvP as well as Keep/Fortress/City seiges... Hard not to play once you've participated in a keep seige :D

As far as performance goes, it plays very smoothly on my Unibody MB 2.0 with 2GB RAM when at native res and set to Fastest Framerate. This stays smooth even in RvR play with a significant number of players on screen all at once. Your iMac should be able to play worlds better at native res with that GT130 discrete card and 4GB RAM. :)

14. PurpleCliff macrumors regular

PurpleCliff

Thanks davwin!
    One last thing - is there any way to play it in Mac OS? Or do I have get get Windows?

15. The Mook macrumors member

16. davwin macrumors regular

Purple: The Mac client for WAR has not been released yet so it is Windows only atm. I have not heard of anyone running it through Crossover successfully so you should consider bootcamp your only option for now.

Mook: Referral sent :)

Thanks again to everyone for the referrals...

17. PurpleCliff macrumors regular

PurpleCliff

Thanks so much for all the info!!!!!

And now I may be too late ... but any chance of one of these pretty sounding referrals? :D purplecliff@gmail.com

18. davwin macrumors regular