Playback issue on iTunes 11

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iRock1, Feb 5, 2014.

1. iRock1 macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Hi there.

I listen to my music using the songs view (the old-school one, with the column browser on top).

Now let's say that I'm currently playing album 'A'. Then, if wanted to explore my library in the meantime and click on album 'B' (i.e. not double-click or playing another song, but just a simple click to see those other contents instead), the current playlist will be modified and as soon as the current track ends it will jump to the first one in the album that I selected.

Very annoying behaviour to be honest. How can I modify it? Obviously this means that once you started playing an album, you can't click anywhere else, which is absurd.

2. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

3. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

You may want to right-click on the songs and select "Play Next" to prevent that behaviour.

4. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Thanks, but I think it's too much work to select the songs and then click "Play next" every time I just want to play an album.

5. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Then you need to switch to the Albums or Artist view first and double-click on the song or album cover there, before exploring your library using the songs view.

6. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Playback issue on iTunes 11

I want to stay with the songs view, but I'm guessing there are no more options...

Did iTunes always work like that? I thought it was a bug or something.

7. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

As far as I can recall it's always (from the very first version on) been the case that iTunes would base its decision of what to play next after the current track on the list of tracks that were visible at that moment. Although I think it used to simply stop after playing a track if it was not part of the current view anymore.