Playback problems "Dropped Frames" warning

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by X7X, Mar 25, 2010.

1. X7X macrumors newbie

I am having playback problems in Final Cut 7.0.1 "Dropped Frames" warning pops up way too often. I have the RT on safe, only 2 sequences open, do I have to lower compression data rate? If so, how?

I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 and 8GB memory.

Not sure if it's my monitor. Could it be? (SAMSUNG 32" Resolution: 1360 x 768 @ 60 Hz Depth:32-Bit Color) or what. What can I do before I go crazy?? Would appreciate ANY help! :mad:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What sequence settings and clip settings do you use?

Is the video stored on a dedicated scratch disk inside your Mac Pro or on an external HDD?

3. X7X thread starter macrumors newbie

720 X 480 NTSC (3:2) Audio 48 kHz 16 bit

It's stored on internal 1TB WDC WD10EADS-00P8B0 HD

4. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

First: The next time that pops up, disable the message so it won't show up again. Or you can just disable it through file>user pref.

Two: I would suggest getting a new external Hard drive with a firewire 800 connection.

Your hard drive's response time i too slow.

Also, what kind of editing are you doing? Does it have a lot of cuts, effects, etc.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Can you take a screen shot of your sequence settings and a screen shot of your Browser window showing the columns for codec, frame rate, etc., of the clips you are using?

720x480 implies DV or DV50 and that stuff can be played back by an 8yr old G4 so your machine shouldn't have any problems... assuming everything is properly setup.

Lethal

6. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Surely an internal drive in one of the internal bays would be much faster than an external drive even though its in a Firewire 800 port.

I get this message alot and bought a WD 1TB Cavier Black hoping that it would solve the issue, however, it has not. Should I have gone for a hard drive with a firewire connection?

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

An internal SATA drive will be faster than an external drive connected via FW800.

Lethal

8. X7X thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't recall this many problems before. I thought it was because of the big monitor. Is that possible? I did get a warning about the monitor when I first opened FCP. I also have the clips stored on a new internal HD. I'll try to edit with something not on that drive. As far as cuts, filters, effects etc. NO. Barely any! Picture 1.png

9. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

10. X7X thread starter macrumors newbie

As stated my first thread, It is in safe. Thanks anyway.

11. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That's why you