Played Enslaved and Castlevania demos yesterday...

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

...and it still looks like I am going to finish the year without buying another game after all. (Now that LBP2 got pushed back...)

Enslaved was just...meh, alright, I guess? I didn't like the basic movement controls - running, jumping etc. The combat was alright, the climbing was like Uncharted but not as good, and I didn't care for the characters/story. Graphics were alright, but I expected more.

Castlevania I liked a lot better. I like the setting and overall mood of the game, and the controls are tight enough. It's just that the gameplay feels...unoriginal. Like, how many more games that play exactly like God of War do we need? If I didn't still have all three GOW games to finish, I would pick up Castlevania, I guess. I'm sure it's a great game. But as it is, my needs for this style of gameplay are well met, I simply don't need "another one".

Any opinions?

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I simply can't get excited for Enslaved... I don't know. Heavenly Sword was a good game (haters gonna hate) but from what I have heard about Enslaved, it's kind of more of that story-telling style and average gameplay throughout. Meh. Why spend $60+ when it's gonna be bargain bin in 6 months?

Still wanna get Halo Reach and Civ V though.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Got a chance to play both demos and enslaved seemed to be holding my hand every step of the way...but I was digging the story and characters.

Castlevania was much more enjoyable and the combat felt really good...I would buy lords of shadow but that's going to come after fallout.

Bless

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Castlevania is very good, its not the typical Castlevania game though gameplay wise, more of an action game now similar to God of War. I'm about 4 hours in to it which from what I heard is absolutely nothing and enjoying it.

2ny, it came out on the 5th :p;)

(if this comment doesn't make sense I'm blaming it on being up till 4am and only getting 3hours of sleep.. Damn you work!!)

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

You just like it because your boy Kojima had a hand in it :p

6. macfan881 macrumors 68020

I wanna get Lord of shadows looks great but I cant stop playing NBA 2K11 right now besides I'm also holding off for Back to the future on Blu Ray later this month :D