Played with a Bold yesterday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevehp, Jun 12, 2008.

1. stevehp macrumors 6502

It was nice and sleek...Felt nice in my hand...Very iPhone-ish...The leather on the back was a really nice touch.

The screen was a HUGE improvement...

When I showed the blackberry exec my iPhone he said, "not only does this look nicer, I can actually type." So I challenged him to writing an email dictated by another person - from standby to compose to send and I beat him...Let's just say he was kind of embarrassed :)

Great device that will spur some great competition and innovation in the market!

Has anyone here tried one that can share their experience?

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Nice job with the e-mail competition.

The Bold looks like a pretty great device, though. If I were a Blackberry type I'd probably be all over it.

3. alejovh1 macrumors regular

4. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I got play around with my friend's blackberry as well. I liked it (I used to own an 8700), it was a good size, weight, shape etc. The screen was really nice, the interface was good as well but I found myself getting annoyed that I had to scroll to icons - I felt inclined to just tap the screen instead. Not to mention, the whole time in the back of my mind was, "I bet I can't remote-control my laptop with this... I bet I can't stream my movies to this and use a cable to output them to my TV... I bet this is a pain to sync with my mbp"

Overall though it is a great phone and would probably tell people to look at it if they were in the market for a stylish and functional smart phone (as well as saying to look into the iPhone...)

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I gave it a go, but I couldn't wash that "nastiness" out of my hands! Never touch a BB-B the rest of my life. :eek:

6. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Where did you find a Bold? Do the stores have them yet?

7. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

For me it was just friends that work at RIM that had them for whatever reason.

8. The General macrumors 601

:D That's hilarious. I was at the AT&T store with my friend, and some AT&T guy was trying to talk him out of buying an iPhone. Saying it didn't have 3G, this and that. I challenged him to load www.wikipedia.com faster than me, on his 3G phone (I forget what kind it was, it was ugly, I know that much) and even though he had 3G, I beat him. :D His crap phone maybe have downloaded it faster than mine, but mine rendered it a billion times faster, and it actually looked like Wikipedia, not some crap mobile site. :rolleyes:

9. TStewart422 macrumors member

Yet ANOTHER reason that I'll be getting the iPhone 3G instead of any other phone! :apple::D

10. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

you may want to fix your sig....

iPhone 3G 16GB (June 11th, baby!)
    iPod Touch 16GB
    MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

11. TStewart422 macrumors member

D'oh! Thanks, brah!

12. davidlw macrumors 6502a

13. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The OP reply:

For me it was just friends that work at RIM that had them for whatever reason.

14. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

A friend of mine works for RIM.

I definitely think the UI needs improvement, but it's a big change over current BB platforms.

15. davidlw macrumors 6502a

I don't suppose that they said when we can expect to see the Bold on the street?

16. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

one time i touched a LG voyager, and my fingers burnt off and now i have prosthetics, trust me, if you love your hands, dont use the voyager

17. alejovh1 macrumors regular

some say in July for ATT and september for the rest? looks nice except for the small screen:p