Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
MacAztec - that's ssooo cool!! :D :cool: but it does't work work me. we've got a router, etc, and i'm on a different network (different subnet masks than my bro's PC)

any way to send messages in a situation like this? that would be so cool... i'd set up the video camera, and just watch him freak out. :D

or if anyone knows some other things i could do on my home network... or is it just impossible?

as for a simple, annoying and frustrating trick. if you're friend has got a optical mouse... just put a piece of tape over the bottom. :D and watch 'em squirm!! LOL. :D

Poeben

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2004
I remember in Win98 you could change the Shell in msconfig. It was "funny" to change the shell from explorer to say, Paint or some other program. Does this work in XP?

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
cb911 said:
as for a simple, annoying and frustrating trick. if you're friend has got a optical mouse... just put a piece of tape over the bottom. :D and watch 'em squirm!! LOL. :D

Gonna need to try that one...

If you want a fun one that takes a while...remove the RAM from his computer!

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
whoa, you would take out all the RAM. :eek: that's getting a bit serious. not the way i'd choose to test my friends sense of humor.:p

but if you're confident at tweaking hardware stuff, might as well open up a 'Book and unplug that keyboard cable. :D but... i know i wouldn't appreciate something like that.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
It was a joke! :)

A few years ago, when I knew C++, I made a program that would slowly eat the memory up until, when you did something, there was no memory left to do it with and the Windoze box crashed. This was, I think, ~Win98 days...

It was fun, plus the faster the computer the faster it crashed. At one point I made it count upwards, so it seemed like a fun little program. Then, BOOM! Of course, the computer I believe had 64MB of RAM, or maybe 128...like I said, this was a number of years ago. Fun nonetheless.

I think that if you are in the US, you can change the Power Supply to 220 Volts so that it won't start due to too low voltage. But in England, you swap that to 110 volts, it will blow. You might want to double check this, BTW, so that you don't injure your friend in the process...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.