Playing albums in order in music.app

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gixxerfool, Feb 20, 2012.

1. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to play albums in order on my iPhone. For instance, on my iPod classic I can find an artist with multiple albums then select all songs and it will list all the songs in order according to the album titles alphabetical listing. In other words, if Backyard Babies have 5 albums, we will call the A, B, C, D and E. and I scroll to Backyard Babies then select all songs it will list the songs in order for album A then B and so on. Sometimes I like to listen to a certain album first then the others. So in the song list I can scroll down to the first song of album C, let's say and it will play all of C then D the E, etc. Now, on my iPhone if I find an artist and click all songs it lists all the songs in alphabetical order, period. Is there a way to make it behave like my iPod does? I have made playlists for some artists as a workaround but, this isnt ideal as I have a good amount of music and most times I have to go back in and edit the list cause it's out of order anyways.

Thanks in advance.