Playing DVD on external monitor?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gillilandboy, Sep 28, 2007.

1. gillilandboy macrumors 6502

I have a macbook and I have an external monitor is there anyway I could play the DVD full screen on my external monitor? I don't want to mirror my displays because I need to be doing other things on my macbook monitor while the movie is playing.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Sure. As far as I remember, just drag the movie's window to the screen you want it to play on, then select full screen mode. Should work fine.

If your MacBook's built-in screen is dimming itself when you go into fullscreen mode, there's a preference in DVD Player to turn that off.

3. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

You should just be able to drag DVD PLayer's window over to the second monitor, right click on it (or use the menu at the top) and choose full screen. I just today got a Macbook Pro and doing that works fine (other than it pauses for a couple of seconds when you drag it between monitors.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

If you select full screen mode it should work. You'll just need to drag the movie to the monitor you want to view it on, that's all.

Edit: Beaten to it! ;)

5. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Happens to me constantly :) I'm just glad I was actually able to answer a Mac question.