Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roadking

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Okay,

forgive me as I am sure this has been asked a million times but I just want to be sure before I screw something up on my computer.

I want to be able to play games using windows on my macbook pro.

I figured I would use the bootcamp partition for windows games.

I also want to be able to run programs simultaneously in 10.5 and windows. I figured I would use Fusion for that.

My question is in order to do this do I need to create a bootcamp partition first. Give it say 20 GB of HD space. Install XP and then install Fusion?

Then while installing fusion create it in the bootcamp partition?

That way if I want to play games I log off Leopard then boot up bootcamp. If i just want to run Microsoft Word just use Fusion.

Does this sound correct? Is 20 GB for Bootcamp sufficient ? if yes what amount should I allot for Fusion out of that partition?

Thank for helping out this newbie!
:confused:

y0jeremy

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2008
Yup - thats correct - depending on what games your going to be installing, 20gigs is kinda small, imho. games these days are on dual layers. 8gb+

Roadking

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Yup - thats correct - depending on what games your going to be installing, 20gigs is kinda small, imho. games these days are on dual layers. 8gb+

sounds good. I will install it with 32GB

What should I use for fusion? In other words out of the 32 GB how much should I utilize for Fusion?

webgoat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Austin, TX
sounds good. I will install it with 32GB

What should I use for fusion? In other words out of the 32 GB how much should I utilize for Fusion?

i'm not really sure what you're asking... fusion is just pointed to the boot camp partition on your hard drive

Roadking

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Okay so I don't need to allocate room for it. It installs more like a program right?

I am currently installing bootcamp on my macbook right now. Its taking longer than I thought it would. Its had a few hang ups but I am slowly working through it.

Thanks for everyones help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.