playing games through hollywood dazzle on mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by upsguy27, Jul 9, 2007.

1. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

im trying to play games on my iMac C2D using a dazzle hollywood dv bridge, but i dont know which software to use. is this even possible to do? i dont want to spend money on a new tv or other things. thanks!

EDIT: okay, so i tried imovie and previewed the window until the game got started, and there was a buzzing noise in the background the whole time, and i couldn't do a full screen preview. i also tried btv, and it wouldn't even read my dv bridge. is there anything else?

EDIT 2: i fixed the buzzing noise in imovie, i just need to get it fullscreen. is there a way?

2. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Wait, you're trying to play video games on your iMac utilizing a analog to dv converter??

4. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

uh... yeah?

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

What do you mean as in "Play"? As in playing back video game footage captured? Or as in actually playing a video game on your computer? Do you have a console hooked up to the analog dv converter that you're trying to have displayed on your iMac screen?? Be a little more specific.

6. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

7. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

yeah, thats what i want to do, i was looking at that. i guess ill have to buy it. :(
    does anybody have it and can you tell me if there's zero latency and does it work fine?

8. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i use the hybrid version for a wii and for digital freeview and it works great, very responsive