Playing iPHONE in the car. Is this Safe?? + something missing from my box?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EdwardCTV, Jul 18, 2009.

1. EdwardCTV macrumors newbie

is it safe to use one of those casette tape adapters

[​IMG]

to play music from ur iphone in ur car??

someone on this forum

http://www.everythingicafe.com/foru...ound-a-way-to-play-iphone-in-my-car-6789.html

said something about

"I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not. But the best way to play your iPhone in your car without any interference or anything is through the actual Dock the iPhone comes with. Use the "line out" audio input in the back and connect the audio cable in your car (If applicable)! What's also cool is when a call comes through!!! All of a sudden the music shuts off slowly.. and you can hear the phone ringing. Once your done with your call, the iPod feature comes back to the song again.... freaking awesome!! Anyway, hopefully this helps for those who have the Audio Input in their car. Oh and by the way... sound is crispy perfect, just like the ipod if not better!

Enjoy!"

i did not receive any "acutal dock the iphone comes with" all i got was the actual iphone itself as well as some metal pickett looking thing along with some earphones was something missing from my package?

2. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Only the first gen iPhone included a dock in the box. Once the 3G came out they dropped the dock from the box.

The 'metal pickett' is a sim tray removal tool.

Actually, for the 3GS they also dropped the cleaning cloth they used to ship in the box.

EDIT: You can buy the dock at any Apple store.

3. davyreins macrumors 6502

The tape connector is what I use and I think it works great. My favorite is the audio in port but a lot of cars don't have that

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The phone does this even without the dock.

Kind of a weird review for him to make it sound like it's the dock doing that.

5. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

Of course its safe! what did you think was gonna happen?

I use one all the time. You won't be able to take a call however, without switching on the speakerphone, for some reason the mic won't switch on otherwise

6. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

The iPhones no longer come with docks and yes you can use the iPhone with a cassette adapter. I used to do it before I got my new stereo. Works pretty damn good I think.

7. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

I just stick my whole iPhone into my 8 Track Slot and it sounds PERFECT... ;)

Seriously, In my old car I used the tape deck, I am pretty sure It's the same one you were using and it was great... no issues.

8. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

A lot of new after market cd players come with an ipod cable. My Sony did and it works great with the iphone but wont charge it :mad:
    also has an audio jack on the front but I just use the ipod cable.......

9. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

strangely enough, it used to work perfectly for taking a call through car speakers, i used to do it all the time

seems 3.0 killed that