Playing Music With Apple TV 4

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Mac... nificent, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Mac... nificent macrumors 6502

Nov 20, 2012
    Two separate (but related) questions. I have a friend who is going blind. He wants to be able to ask Siri to play a song on his iTunes library and have it play on his stereo. I don't think it has HDMI. Can this be done, if so how?

Also, he has several hard drives filled with music. Would Apple TV 4 allow him to access it?
  2. flux73 macrumors 65816

May 29, 2009
    With the Apple TV 4, there's one of several ways he could go about it. The most straightforward way is to AirPlay the music from another device - iPhone or iPad. if he wants to play direct from the Apple TV 4 Music app, he needs either an HDMI connection or Bluetooth connection to his stereo. You can refer to the thread about a user concerned about the Apple TV not having an optical out port.

I just got my Apple TV so I'm not sure if it can do Home Sharing yet. There's a Computers app but I haven't used it yet so I'm not sure if that connects. But if he has a Music subscription, his iTunes library should be available through the Music app.