Playing my iPhone Videos on my TV.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by KYUSS123, Aug 31, 2008.

1. KYUSS123 macrumors member

Hi guys, just bought this for my iPhone 3G....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RCA-UNIVERSAL-DOCK-with-AV-USB-cable-for-iPhone-3g-ipod_W0QQitemZ120299133169QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120299133169&_trkparms=72%3A985|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

but it doesn't seem to work!!!!
    it works when you first plug it in and then after a while the video on the iphone goes landscape and then no picture is displayed but i still get sound.

can anyone recommend anything? a fix or maybe an alternative?
    i have the cables for my old ipod but they don't work with itouch/iphone.

the apple alternative costs around £70 to achieve this but is it my only option?

Thanks
    KYUSS

2. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

what is the setting on your iphone? under TV Out, I'm thinking since you're in UK, TV Signal should be on PAL.

3. KYUSS123 thread starter macrumors member

Hi mate, thanks for the reply....

my tv should be able to accept and output both PAL and NTSC as its a panasonic Viera which is hooked up to a region free dvd player with loads of region 1 dvds played successfully.

but is worth a try, will try it later.
    Thanks for the help.
    Michael.

4. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I think you're out of luck on this. The iPhone requires an special authentication chip to put out video - these are found in Apple's own video cables and universal docks and cables made by others that have the "Made for iPod/iPhone" branding that is authorized by Apple. iLounge mentions this in their review of Apple's component video cables. That dock you bought on eBay doesn't look like it has the authentication chip, and you may want to see if you can return it since it's not quite as advertised.