Playing PC games on Mac!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by A Macbook Pro, Feb 6, 2011.

1. A Macbook Pro macrumors 6502

So I ran across this site the other day, it's this guy who is using some program to port across PC games for Mac. So I tried it for my FIFA 11 and sure enough it worked. He has a few game ''wrappers'' on the site (what you need to install the game), just put in your original DVD or download or whatever to install.

I guess you could call this a plug but I still think somebody will find this useful, but it isn't my site, although I help around with the forum and answering questions and stuff. Have a look if you don't want to boot into Windows every single time, no idea how it works but it does! Performance is on par/sometimes even better because of Mac OS X.

Have a look.

2. applemagic123 macrumors regular

applemagic123

You can also use "wine" to open exe files and play the game. That requires you to open terminal and do some stuff that is way beyond me. So.....

WINEBOTTLER provides an easy interface for opening up exe files. Just look it up on youtube and watch someone show how to use it. It doesn't work with ALL exe files though, so just experiment with it. You may need to set up "wine tricks" accordingly.

I used winebottler for two different games on my macbook: the first is Chips Challenge, and the second one is HighGrow 4.20 (yes, that is a marijuana game! lol!)

3. A Macbook Pro thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I think it uses Wine or something, pretty sweet, only just knew you could open .exe without VMWare or Parallels.

4. A Macbook Pro thread starter macrumors 6502

So nobody else has used this program before or anything? I actually think it's pretty amazing, I mean with all the Steam for Mac hype and all :l