Playing .swf faster

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mr. Moli, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Mr. Moli macrumors newbie

Hi all,

My university puts all lectures online in a .swf format. I am able to download these, but I would really like to speed them up a bit. Professors often talk quite slow and therefore I would like to play the .swf file 1.5 times faster. Does anyone know a way to do this? That would be great!

Thanks,
    Moli

2. cgbier macrumors 6502a

You got some software that can convert them swf into something useful? Convert that stuff and run it through a video editor. I think even iMovie can speed up footage.

3. Mr. Moli thread starter macrumors newbie

I have concidered that option, but all converting software I can find, converts in real time. So it is very timeconsuming to convert every lecture before watching it...

4. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

Since they are SWFs, it sounds to me like they are slideshows with a soundtrack, so the usual video editing/converting software won't work.

Take handwritten notes from what the professor is saying, and follow the text book(s) at the same time and time will go faster. And you'll learn more :D

5. Mr. Moli thread starter macrumors newbie

That's exactly what I want to do. With as only difference that the professor should talk 1.5 times faster..;)

6. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

The lecture time was 2pm to 4pm. The subject was Physical Chemistry. The lecturer was Scottish. The result was sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep.