Playing The Sims on Mac while running Windows: Help!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by MaskedPhantom, Mar 14, 2009.

1. MaskedPhantom macrumors regular

MaskedPhantom

Hello all,

I bought The Sims: Complete Collection for PC about a year ago. I love it. Recently though, I have purchased a Mac and that is now my primary computer. Now, say I go into Program Files and copy the "The Sims" folder onto a DVD. Am I able to copy this DVD onto my Mac's drive while running Windows on it so that when I play Sims, I still have all my previously- saved houses and families? Have I copied all necessary files? I know this is asking a lot, and I doubt any of you know if it can be done. I just wanted to try; I really hope this is possible.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank you!

2. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

It's definitely possible (I've done it before, a few years back) -- but if I recall correctly, the save files are actually in the "My Documents" folder, not the game folder.

I could be wrong on this -- a quick Google search only brought up results for the Sims 2 save file locations... and honestly, it's been quite a while since I've moved files for the original Sims collection.

I hope this at least provides a starting point... with a little digging, you should be able to find the files and copy them over to the new computer. =)