Playing video ON iPad connected to USB Accessory?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mikejd1, Jan 29, 2012.

1. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if it is possible to play video on the iPad or iPhone screen while connected to an accessory? I.E. iPad connected to USB accessory in my car? My bluetooth audio systems has a 2/3 second delay from the ipad/iphone to the system so my daughter cant watch videos. I figured if i plugged into the USB, the sound is synced perfect, but the video doesn't display on the device screen

Thanks!!

2. vixducis macrumors regular

As far as I know, no car radio is able to receive an audio stream over usb. They are able to read files from a connected device, but that's a totally different thing. You have two options: you either buy a car radio with aux input or use an FM-transmitter (like the belkin tunecast or a similar accessory). Those transmit the audio of your headphone output to FM radio.

3. mikejd1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi - I have a bluetooth audio system built in, with USB support as well. I can plug in via USB, the issue is that once the video app launches, you can hear the audio thru the system, but the video doesn't play on the ipad screen