Playing videos causes touch to crash/reboot!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WILLDOGS, Oct 15, 2007.

1. WILLDOGS macrumors regular

Anyone else having this problem? Whenever I play a video on my IPT, a few colorful lines of the video appear and immediately reboots itself.

These videos were working fine after the jailbreak but seem to now crash my IPT after I installed summerboard.

Is there any safe way to reverse summerboard to check?

Also, now that i'm here, does anyone else have a new little icon next to the battery meter on the upper right side that is rectangle in shape and has a + sign and two dots after it? If so what is that?

Thanks

2. RadioStar macrumors member

It's a Nintendo controller. It means you have a game on pause in the NES emulator.

3. WILLDOGS thread starter macrumors regular

duh! why didn't i figure that out lol

now on to my video problem!

4. adamsweeting macrumors regular

Do you also have Trip1PogoStick installed?

If so, I had the same problem - ended up having to restore and re-jailbreak - this time leaving out Trip1PogoStick, and installing SummerBoard.

You don't need Trip1PogoStick if you are going to install SummerBoard. Some people are noticing the two interfering with each other.

5. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Can we just uninstall it? I'm having problems with some apps crashing maybe this will fix it

6. adamsweeting macrumors regular

I've heard people say that if you uninstall Pogo - it will knacker your iPod.

So I just went ahead and did a restore. By all means try it... but I think the end result will be the same - you will have to do a restore anyway.

7. i0Nic macrumors 65816

so you restored and hacked again without installing it, how is your iPod now?

8. adamsweeting macrumors regular

I restored last night, did the jailbreak - and skipped Trip1PogoStick.... and just went ahead with Installer and SummerBoard.

All working fine now. No more crashes.

9. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Great I'll try that. I'm assuming the manual jailbreak?

10. adamsweeting macrumors regular

Yeah dude... manual jailbreak every time for me. I prefer to do it manually - at least I know what I'm doing to my iPod.

Update.... I've had a couple of app crashes, but nothing out of the ordinary. When an app crashes (very rare) I can open it straight up again - which I couldn't do before. Before I would have to reboot the iPod completely

11. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

CHMOD YOUR APPS FOLDER AGAIN

i chmod my apps folder EVERY time there is a change even if it was installed from installer.app. Ive noticed that some apps dont actually install the correct permissions and thens start going all wanky. Even original progs. suffer at that poing (ie, movies, music, etc)

I had that prob. yesterday and a chmod fixed it

goodluck

12. adamsweeting macrumors regular

Just thought about that, then saw your post... I've just chmodded via vt-term100. Should all be cool.

13. WILLDOGS thread starter macrumors regular

ok.

I ran chmod again and that didnt fix the issue.

So I uninstalled the videos from my IPT and reloaded fresh copies. The videos now run fine.

I'm thinking that the videos that were on my IPT during the summerboard install somehow got corrupted.